Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Front Office Receptionist to in Jackson, MS for the 2018-2019 school year. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the school-based Director of Operations, RePublic’s Front Office Receptionist will execute on all school operational priorities and be the gatekeeper for students, families, and the community.
- Be the keeper of the gate. Maintain a positive and welcoming environment for parents, visitors, co-workers, and students; manage the front office by screening phone calls and responding to email and phone inquiries in a timely fashion; produce high-quality written communications (e.g., follow-up correspondence, school marketing materials, newsletters, electronic updates, thank you letters, etc.)
- Assist in growing our school family. Drive the student enrollment process by making phone calls, giving prospective families tours of our schools, and completing paperwork; assist in planning and staffing of student and family engagement events
- Provide school-based academic support. Create and distribute make-up work to absent scholars; collect and track important school paperwork, such as field trip permission slips and parent handbook receipts
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing school environment.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Sweat the small stuff. Maintain high expectations for academic achievement and appropriate behavior in and outside the classroom when communicating with students; assist scholars with minor injuries and illnesses
Who You Are
Our ideal Front Office Receptionist will have an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will have:
- A high school diploma; an undergraduate degree is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined
- An ability to work in a self-directed manner, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- A desire to learn, develop, and improve each day
- Passionate belief in RePublic’s mission, values, and educational model.
- Interested? To apply for this position, please submit a resume and an optional cover letter: http://republiccharterschools.org/careers
- Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.