We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Receptionist Apprentice role at The Hoxton through WhiteHat.
The role of the front of house apprentice is to provide naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service for our guests. To ensure all our guests feel they are treated as individuals and will want to return. To check in/out guests efficiently using the OPERA PMS System.
About The Hoxton
Ever since they opened our first hotel in Shoreditch back in 2006, The Hoxton has never just been about offering a bed for the night. They want to be more than that: providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces, and proving style don’t need to be sacrificed for good value.
Location: near Holborn station, London.
Description of the job
- Maintains a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges.
- Deals with the arrival and departure processes for all guests.
- Deals with the in-house guests accounting and ensures the accuracy of guest billing.
- Assists the Guest Services Manager and Front Office Manager with the daily overbooking levels and liaises with all departments to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Ensures all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and website.
- Resolves all guest queries and problems with enthusiasm and in a prompt manner.
- Ensures all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- To maintain observation over guests and guests property to ensure security alerts are kept to a minimum.
- To be fully aware, competent in and follow at all times:
- Hotel fire procedures.
- Hotel security procedures.
- Hotel health & safety policy and procedures.
- Hotel and departmental operational standards and procedures.
- Customer service standards.
- To work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ensuring all items raised which may cause hard to guests or other employees are addressed immediately to the Duty Manager.
- To ensure your appearance meets the Hotel standards at all times and your uniform is maintained in good repair and that you achieve the high standard of personal hygiene.
- To motivate the team and help where required within the business as a whole.
- To achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service at all times.
- To assist fellow colleagues both within and outside your normal department where possible to ensure operational and customer service requirements are achieved at all times.
Please be aware that this job description is designed to provide guidelines of your role but, from time to time, the business may require to perform tasks that may not be listed but are vital to the success of the Hotel.
Working 40 hours per week. There are shift work and potential work over the holidays and weekends.
Entry requirements / Things to consider
- Minimum grade C-A* (or 4-9) in five GCSE, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 2 in both).
- You will also have good knowledge of IT including all Microsoft packages.
To be eligible for the apprenticeship you must ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Be a Camden resident OR educated in Camden OR young people who have received support from Camden Leaving Care services.
- The right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Resident in an EU country for the past 3 years.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Opera PMS knowledge preferred.
- Keen to learn.
- Most importantly someone who enjoys being part of a team and is not shy to put in the work that’s required – when it’s required.
- An outgoing person with a positive mindset.
- Loves to work in a team.
- Enjoys being “on stage”.
- Finds it easy to talk to strangers.
- Happy to work shifts (early, late, middle, night).
- Understands that it’s part of the job to work when others are off, who is prepared to work over Christmas and NYE etc.
- Keen to join a diverse team and a progressive company with lots of future opportunities and a pretty great network of amazing people.
- Training on the 18 months, Business Administration advanced level Standard.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our apprentices on their journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £307.00 /week