JOB TITLE Night Receptionist
ORGANISATION UPP RESIDENTIAL SERVICES LTD
LOCATION / SPV Garden Halls (near Kings Cross station,WC1H 9EN)
POST REPORTS TO General Manager
University Partnerships Programme (UPP) is the leading provider of student accommodation infrastructure and support services in the UK. We have around 30,000 rooms under management or in construction through long term partnerships with 14 leading UK universities. With over 700 employees, we work to deliver the very best student experiences, together with great universities.
UPP Residential Services Limited (URSL) primarily delivers a full range of Facilities Management (FM), and Asset Management services to the university sector. URSL’s aim is to be the leading provider of quality accommodation and estate management services in partnership with the Higher Education Sector.
At each university partnership URSL supply a local team, which manages, and provides services for, the scheme to which they are assigned. The team provides the day-to-day face of the partnership, providing a high level of customer service and effective and efficient facilities management, ensuring every aspect is delivered to URSL’s high standards in order to support the Student Experience.
Garden Halls is situated in Bloomsbury, central London. The hall, which opens in September 2016, is a new flagship development of 1,200 student rooms, both catered and self-catered working in partnership with the University of London. The hall offers an outstanding level of design and communal space as well as historic gardens with public access.
To be the principal representative of the company on site outside of core office hours, ensuring the security of the buildings, its residents and guests whilst on duty.
To provide comprehensive support to the management team, and to assist with the provision of a suitably equipped and customer-centred, secure environment for residents and occupiers to live and to study in accordance with the license agreement.
Ensuring a warm, welcoming environment for students, parents and various stakeholders to the site and being the first point of contact at reception.
- Front of House
- Reception or Night Porter
- Customer service environment
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong customer orientated approach
- Strong organisational skills
- Good understanding of health & safety issues
- Good understanding of security issues
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Basic computer literacy
- Understanding of the operational procedures and safe working practices of building services and systems
- Good written and verbal communication and customer care skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others
- Flexible and willing
- Prepared to work extra hours as necessary
- Prepared to travel to other sites within the Company, if required